Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Project Release: Replacement Adobe Creative Suite Icons!



I'm very excited to announce a neat new project I've been working on: a set of replacement app icons for Adobe's Creative Suite! They're available for immediate download at my website: ImanRastegari.com.

I've used Adobe's CS software for some time, and have enjoyed their app icon and UI design to varying degrees over the course of their version history. What really pushed me to design this set was the stark aesthetic of their most recent release, CS6 -- I wanted something more nuanced and multi-dimensional than their stock icons provided.


Over time, I've grown to appreciate the philosophy behind Adobe's design (I read a really interesting breakdown of their thinking here), but in the end, it was still a bit too bleak for my tastes, and I've been enjoying my alternative icons on my dock and Launchpad instead. I hope you do, too!


To facilitate easy access to these icon sets, I've also added a brand-new section to my recently-revamped website: Downloads! Currently on this Downloads page are full icon sets for both Mac (.icns) and Windows (.ico), along with a one-click downloadable archive of all of my Bahá'í eBooks covers. Both projects are available now, and are completely free to download and use. And as always, I'd love to hear what you think of them!

I know some of you have been asking for a breakdown of some of the changes made to the website when it was revamped a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to posting that in the near future. In the meantime, check out the new site for yourself, and enjoy the downloads!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful set of icons! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete