Thursday, July 06, 2006

A note about the videos and pictures

You will be seeing video clips posted here on this blog. Most of them will be streaming video, courtesy of such hosting services as Google Video. I may provide both links to videos that I have uploaded, as well as to some I have not. In addition, there will photographs accompanying some of the blog posts.

As far as I am aware, my posting video clips and photographs, even if they are segments and screen caps of broadcasted shows (such as “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” or “The Colbert Report”), is legal under Fair Use law. However, if you are the owner of the copyright on a video or photo you see linked to on this blog, and would like to see the link removed, please e-mail me directly about the content, and I will do what I can to straighten out the situation.

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to illegally disseminate copyrighted material through this blog. Quite to the contrary, I am trying to use these clips to illustrate points that will be made on the site, and in a way made legal by Fair Use law. In doing so, I feel that the experience for the readers of this site will be enhanced, as the multimedia content will supplement the written content. However, I also want to ensure that I am not using any of this content in a way that is deemed unlawful by the owners of any of the content. As such, if you find that I am using your content in such a way, please contact me directly about it.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to making this blog the best experience it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment