Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mind Mapping for Creative Writing


I bought iThoughts HD a while back for my iPad, for the express purpose of trying non-linear outlining for story-writing. And now that I'm all excited about Scrivener's ability to sync project files with my iPad, I'm looking to re-take inventory of my writing tools, mentally organize them into a prospective workflow, and start writing from there.

For those of you interested in using mind mapping for creative writing, this is a great article that not only talks about why you would want to, but also breaks down the author's practical system for doing so. The template he provides is a great starting point for anyone wanting to try it!

Have you used mind mapping before? How about for creative writing? Share your experiences and thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment